- Introduction to Cotillion, Gr. 6
October 7, 2018 - December 3, 2018
4:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Jefferson Cotillion, Gr. 7-9
October 7, 2018 - December 9, 2018
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Please join us for the fortieth season of the Jefferson Cotillion, where sixth through ninth graders are taught traditional, yet current, dance steps, along with dining and dating etiquette. All of this takes place in a fun, developmentally appropriate atmosphere with certified, masters-level teachers and professional dance instructors. All Jefferson Cotillion events take place at Farmington Country Club in Charlottesville, Virginia.
The Jefferson Cotillion is comprised of two levels. While Introduction to Cotillion (grade 6) is not a prerequisite, we believe that it makes the Jefferson Cotillion (grades 7-9) a more beneficial and fun experience.
All students are welcome and tuition assistance is available. We also recognize that finding semi-formal clothing for this age group is not easy, so a clothing bank is on-site at The Civility School. (Donations of gently used semi-formal clothing for 6th through 9th grades are greatly appreciated.)
Introduction to Cotillion (Sixth Grade), 2018 Schedule
- Sunday, the Seventh of October, 4-5:30, Dance Lesson, Collared Shirt Dress
- Sunday, the Fourteenth of October, 4-5:30, Themed Dance Lesson, Sock Hop Dress
- Sunday, the Fourth of November, 4-5:30, Dance Lesson, Collared Shirt Dress
- Sunday, the Eleventh of November, 12-1:30, Etiquette Lunch, Semi-Formal Dress
- Sunday, the Eighteenth of November, 4-5:30, Dance Lesson, Semi-Formal Dress
- Sunday, the Second of December, 4-5:30, Rehearsal, Collared Shirt Dress
- Monday, the Third of December, 7-8:30, Cotillion Showcase, Semi-Formal Dress
Jefferson Cotillion (Seventh thru Ninth Grades), 2018 Schedule **
- Sunday, the Seventh of October, 6-7:30, Dance Lesson
- Sunday, the Fourteenth of October, 6-7:30, Dance Lesson
- Sunday, the Fourth of November, 6-7:30, Dance Lesson
- Sunday, the Eleventh of November, 4-5, Dining Etiquette Lesson (no food will be served) PARENTS: Our dance instructors will be available for YOU during this time for instruction/brush-up/practice on the dance steps your children are learning.
- Sunday, the Eighteenth of November, 6-7:30, Dance Lesson
- Sunday, the Second of December, 6-7:30, Dance Lesson
- Sunday, the Ninth of December, The Holly Ball*, 6-9
* Included in Jefferson Cotillion tuition is admission for the student and a parent (or another relative or family friend) to the Holly Ball, an evening of dining and dancing. We will enjoy an evening of student hosts, the Cotillion Grand March, a lovely dinner, and to top it off, an opportunity to dance with your child to music provided by the Bob Bowen Band.
Dress Code Key
Collared Shirt Dress = a collar on a boy’s shirt (polo shirt, golf shirt, dress shirt, etc…), no tie is necessary, pants should be khaki or other pants that are not jeans or cargo pants, girls should wear clothing that is appropriate for school. Please avoid sneakers, heels higher than 1.5 inches, flip-flops, or other sandals that do not have heel straps.
Semi-formal Dress = a dress shirt, tie, and a blazer for a boy; skirt, dress, or nice pants for a girl; same shoe requirements as above
Costume Dress = our introduction class will occasionally have a themed dance lesson–this year’s group will have a sock hop-themed night.
* *Please note that all events for seventh thru ninth grades will require semi-formal dress.
Venue: Farmington Country Club
Venue Phone: 434-296-5661Address: