- Introduction to Cotillion
August 1, 2018 - September 6, 2018
4:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Jefferson Cotillion, Gr. 6-9
October 7, 2018 - December 9, 2018
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Please join us for the fortieth season of the Jefferson Cotillion, where sixth through ninth graders are taught traditional, yet current, dance steps, along with dining and dating etiquette. All of this takes place in a fun, developmentally appropriate atmosphere with certified, masters-level teachers and professional dance instructors. All Jefferson Cotillion events take place at Farmington Country Club in Charlottesville, Virginia.
All students are welcome and tuition assistance is available. We also recognize that finding semi-formal clothing for this age group is not easy, so a clothing bank is on-site at The Civility School. (Donations of gently used semi-formal clothing for 6th through 9th grades are greatly appreciated.)
Jefferson Cotillion, 2018 Schedule (dress is semi-formal for entire season**)
- Sunday, the Seventh of October, 5-6:30, Dance Lesson
- Sunday, the Fourteenth of October, 5-6:30, Dance Lesson
- Sunday, the Fourth of November, 5-6:30, Dance Lesson
- Sunday, the Eleventh of November, 4-5, Dining Etiquette Lesson (no food will be served) PARENTS: Our dance instructors will be available for YOU during this time for instruction/brush-up/practice on the dance steps your children are learning.
- Sunday, the Eighteenth of November, 5-6:30, Dance Lesson
- Sunday, the Second of December, 5-6:30, Dance Lesson
- Sunday, the Ninth of December, The Holly Ball*, 6-9
* Included in Jefferson Cotillion tuition is admission for the student and a parent (or another relative or family friend) to the Holly Ball, an evening of dining and dancing. We will enjoy an evening of student hosts, the Cotillion Grand March, a lovely dinner, and to top it off, an opportunity to dance with your child to music provided by the Bob Bowen Band. (Additional family members are welcome with an extra guest fee.)
**Semi-formal Dress = a dress shirt, tie, and a blazer for a boy; skirt, dress, or nice pants for a girl. Shoes with a hard sole are best. No tennis shoes or backless shoes, please. Girls should limit heel height to no more than 1.5 inches.
Venue: Farmington Country Club
Venue Phone: 434-296-5661Address: